Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) at the University of Utah (U of U) is pleased to announce a major hospital expansion: The Kathryn F. Kirk Center for Comprehensive Cancer Care and Women’s Cancers at HCI.
The new patient care facility will extend form the north end of HCI’s buildings on the campus of the U of U in Salt Lake City. Located within the U of U Health medical infrastructure on campus, the expansion will allow the HCI to grow by 200,000 square feet and add 48 new inpatient hospital rooms. It will include four floors of clinical space, an expanded wellness and integrative health center, two floors of faculty offices and two floors available for future build-out based on patient needs. The Kathryn F. Kirk Center for Comprehensive Cancer Care and Women’s Cancers will increase HCI’s clinical care capacity by 50%.
Anticipated Project Timeline:
- May – December 2019: Design and Construction Planning
- Fall 2019: Utility Work
- September 5, 2019: Ceremonial Groundbreaking
- January 2020: Construction Begins
- Summer 2022: Commissioning, Equipment Installation, Moves
- August 2022: Open to Patients