Construction is underway on a large project that will create several improvements to North Medical Drive and nearby parking options. This will improve travel and parking for patients and employees. This project includes the construction of a parking structure, a pedestrian bridge across North Medical Drive to the Hopsital, and roadwork on North Medical Drive.
- A new parking garage with over 1,000 new stalls will be built adjacent to the already-under-construction Kathryn F. Kirk Center for Comprehensive Cancer Care and Women’s Cancers.
- This new garage will feature a lowered roadway entrance.
- At the intersection of North Medical Drive and Mario Capecchi, additional turning lanes will be added to ease traffic congestion and improve travel.
- Traffic circles will be added at the entrance to University Hospital and the entrance to the new parking garage.
- A pedestrian bridge connecting the new parking garage and University Hospital is being built so people on foot can avoid the traffic on North Medical Drive.
- Roadway expansion is underway, with retention wall work currently.
- Excavation and utility work for the parking garage is underway.
- The project is anticipated to complete in late 2022.
Questions or Concerns?
Wes Mangum with Planning, Design and Construction is available as a point of contact by phone (435-994-2093) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out!